Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Night Watches

I woke up from a dead sleep the other night. I felt God wanted me to pray. There was nothing in particular bothering me. (Because it was about me I am ashamed to admit!) I rolled over and went back to sleep only to be awakened again a short time later. Being the spiritual person I am ~I again wanted to go back to sleep.
"It's an invitation" the Spirit whispered. So I went to my knees and the reward was mine :)


The Lord had me praying for people very far away. I couldn't see their faces but someone was crying out to God and He had invited me to join with them in prayer. I sensed the urgency of their need as the Spirit again spoke "They are fighting for (or over) water." In my mind I saw the dryness of the land.


I take water for granted. I turn on a faucet and water shows up right on schedule. But what if there was no water? Not just at the faucet, what if there was no water for miles. What if when you did find water it was dirty and contaminated. What if your cup held death instead of life.
Water will not only be a tangible reminder to pray those who struggle for every drop of the life giving liquid. But also a reminder that God prompts us to pray for a reason. Accept the invitation!


Blessings,


Thankfulheart

After posting this I went on line to see if there was a more tangible way to help.
http://www.waterwellsforafrica.com/theneed.html

No comments: