Monday, July 5, 2010

El Roi

Today was the first day of the Reading Through the Bible in 90 Days Challenge. These first 16 chapters of Genesis reminded me of the thoughtful blueprint for creation that starts at Genesis 1:1 and reveals the relational nature of God as He lovingly creates a habitation for Adam and Eve; beautiful garden not just for them to enjoy and care for but a place for The LORD of all creation to walk in and visit along with the couple of His creation.
As I finished up my daily reading -chapter sixteen grabbed my heart. The story of the outcast, unwanted Haggar touched me so deeply. I found it easy to relate to this woman who wondered at times if God really saw her.
She gave this name to the LORD who spoke to her: "You are the God who sees me," for she said "I have now seen". The One Who Sees Me (Genesis 16:13)
.Haggar had met El Roi at the point of her greatest need and over the past couple of months I too have been touched deeply by the knowledge that God sees me and hears my voice at the point of my greatest need. He is El Roi-the God Who Sees Me.
Blessings

No comments: