Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Faith Lessons

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
How often I have thought on this verse from Hebrews over the past few weeks. What I believe God has been speaking to me and what is evident in my circumstances are contrary. I have chosen to act on faith believing that what God says is true and will come to pass.
How freeing it is to walk with that assurance that God is the God of the unseen, as well as the seen. He spoke the world into creation and we can trust in His word!
Each night I go out and sit beneath the stars. It is an exercise in faith that reminds me that God is a God of detail and that He hung each star in it's designated place with the eye of an artist and the precision of a mathematician. He has not only created them but named each and every one of them.
This is the God of detail that is always watching over me and is intimately involved in my life.
He has taken great care these past few months to teach me how to trust Him. He has used the most unusual circumstances and unexpected people to do so. He has gone to great lengths to guide my heart into a place where I can say with confidence I trust God with the details of my life.
I have had more peace than I ever thought possible during very difficult times. Not because of anything I have done but because God has proved Himself faithful over, and over, and over again.
Blesiings,

No comments: