Tuesday, June 9, 2015

The Club

 I have heard the term "club" used this past year by other parents that have lost children. I suppose in some ways it is- but not a club you join.  If membership were optional, it wouldn't be desired. You wouldn't invite your staunchest enemies to join much less someone you love. This club seeks you out and you have no choice but accept the lifetime membership. Your dues have been paid, there is no escape clause, no loopholes, no expiration date.
 My best comfort has been from eye contact with other members of the "club". They can see into my very soul. Their  hug, like a secret handshake in a fraternity that conveys and understanding  no words can express. Their hand on my shoulder radiates healing into  places deep. 
For all my fellow club members thank you for sharing what I couldn't carry alone. My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight. 
                               Thank you EVERYONE that has come along side of my family.  

                                      Grief shared is lessened and joy shared is multiplied. 
                                                                  Robert David Rodeen
                                 April 25, 1984 *and all the memories in between* June 11,2014
                                                         Thanks for the Memories
                                   

aka Thankfulheart


No comments: