Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Am Undone

Then said I, Woe [is] me! for I am undone; because I [am] a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, [which] he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:
And he laid [it] upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here [am] I; send me.
And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

These words from Isaiah's sixth chapter were what I woke up to this morning. It was if Isaiah was speaking to me. I am not sure how these verses are going to play out in my life but I know that when God speaks, He moves.

Last year he spoke to me from 2 Kings "Thus says the LORD: 'Set your house in order... though at he time these words didn't make sense except in the context of the scriptures and Isaiah's admonition to King Hezikiah and yet there was an urgency in them SET YOU HOUSE IN ORDER! I remembered also what a dear friend taught me "When God speaks to you from His word you stay right there in that portion of scripture and listen."

I began to set about the task of setting things in order (and am still about the task sense the Lord has not said to stop) in all areas of life. This has been a huge undertaking for me. The Lord knew what was headed our way and I can see why the urgency was needed. Disaster was avoided in this case as a direct result of my obedience to God speaking from his word to my heart! This is only one of many examples I could give of God going before me and making a way where there seemed to be no way.

God speaks through His living word today if we will listen to the inward prompting of the Holy Spirit. The word of God is like a schematic diagram, *"a drawing intended to explain how something works, a drawing showing the relation between the parts" Should we not be applying it to our lives and relationships in a practical way?

Isaiah goes on to say "Make the heart of this people dull, ( King James says "fat.") And their ears heavy, And shut their eyes; Lest they see with their eyes, And hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, And return and be healed."

I wonder how often my ears to heavy to hear that still small voice. Or my heart has been to dull to understand what God was saying? God speaks and then He moves. Are we listening? Am I?
Yeshua Adonai, prepare my heart for this new work you are doing. Make me clean in your sight and willing to go where you send me. Cause my heart to be sharp to understand and yet soft and pliable in your hands. Make my ears light to hear your softest whisper. Father God, don't let anything take root in my heart that can choke out the work of your Spirit in my life. Make me bold in prayer and wise in speech. Amen.

No comments: