Saturday, August 22, 2009

Beauty for Ashes

"Sometimes my ground was stony And sometimes covered up with thorn. And only You could make it what it had to be."
Rich Mullins was one of my favorite artists. He expressed so well the struggle of being a spirit creature in a flesh and blood world. It is the beauty I see around me in this temporal world that reminds me of the diverse and detailed God we serve. He makes everything beautiful in it's time as scripture says.
I took this picture a few months just ago outside of Cambria and the starkness of the gnarled piece of wood draped in a delicate blanket of flowers reminded me of God's principle of beauty for ashes.
As the Lord continues to teach me about seasons I can see the beauty even during this painful season. Each new day the Lord walks me through brings me closer to a another season. I am ready! Here Yeshua Adonai are the ashes, make me something beautiful.
Blessings,

No comments: