Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Cinderella?

"Relying on God has to begin all over again every day
as if nothing yet had been done."
~ C.S. Lewis ~

Transformation: doesn’t the very word make you think of instantaneous makeovers like Cinderella’s transformation from little cinder girl to beautiful happily ever after material by the swish of a magic wand?

This is very misconception sends me into a blue funk sometimes! Not in the physical sense, I wash up okay most days but spiritually, oh spiritually, I thought I’d be a lot closer to Camelot by now!

Recently a dear sister and I were both lamenting over the lousy attitudes we have been wrestling with.

How can that be that after years of walking with the Lord I still seem to struggle with such pettiness of spirit?

It is as though God has turned me inside out lately exposing all of those sensitive areas that are normally safely covered.

I have been so hyper sensitive and critical and all those little uglies that have been buried deep within me seem to be popping up all over!

Isn't it amazing the way God brings us to the end of ourselves over and over and over again? He is concerned about every detail of our lives , and our attitudes are the rudders that our actions follow.They are important details God will not overlook.

Home it's such a wonderful training ground for attitudes ours and our children's!

Blessings,

Thankfulheart


1/2 empty or 1/2 full it is still the glass my children drink from!

No comments: