Monday, October 5, 2009

I Hate Good~byes

I went to see a friend a few months ago. She shared a verse out of Isaiah with me...
When you pass through the waters, I [will be] with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.
When I saw her last she was a so tiny and frail but within her gentle spirit was the ferociousness of a lioness. Katie and I were like minded in so many ways. We also had the ability to pick up our friendship at any point in time as if we'd last talked a day or two ago. As we prayed and talked that day on her couch, I knew Katie understood what it meant to walk through the fire and not get scorched because Katie was in the midst of a fire called cancer.

Katie was a such a special friend. She had that unique combination of strength and vulnerability that made you like her immediately. Never one to put on airs ~she was always the same. What an ache I feel knowing my dear friend has lost her courageous battle with cancer.
I've seen Katie forge several rivers and walk through many fires and God was faithful to her through it all. Katie I miss you.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

I miss her too. Such a mighty woman of God who ministered to so many!